ifix1 for RMC 7.5 released
We released the first bug fix release for IBM Rational Method Composer 7.5 last night. Go and get it by running IBM Installation Manager and clicking the Update button. After the install you can find a list with all the issues addressed in the Readme file inside the installation directory. This ifix does not only fix the tool, but also a few issues in the Practices method library and published configurations. Therefore, the download is a bit larger than normal.
Key changes are:
- Converting the practice library to a workspace library now also converts tags and process builder definition files
- We improved the presentation of Practice guidance pages in both skins (updated the Relationships table, cleaned up the string resources used)
- Added a few more string resources in the skins files (such as the types of elements used in rich text hyperlinks or the relationship sub-folder in the navigation tree)
- Some fixes for the ClearCase integration (renaming plug-ins in workspace libraries, fixed new Clean Resources function when using CC)
- Work product descriptor pages now show sub-artifacts when including their method content
- Method content element guidance is not replicated to its descriptors anymore: RMC now enforces that a descriptor only lists additional guidance references in respect to the linked method element and does not duplicate such guidance entries during synchronization anymore
- Refined our double-byte character support in URLs (RMC now distinguishes signs like spaces and plus signs from double-byte codes in urls that start with %20)
- Added the missing “supporting plug-in” flags in Practice library and republished all out-of-the-box Practices configurations
- Spell checker fixed for RMC on Linux operation systems
Note, that we also made fixes and improvements for both skins. So if you have your own skins defined make sure you merge in all our changes into your skin files using a compare-merge tool.