The iFix2 patch for Rational Method Composer 7.2 will be released on the update server in the next couple of hours. To download and install it just start IBM Installation Manager from your Start menu, click the Update button and follow the wizard for downloading and installing the patch.
This patch includes some important fixes and minor enhancements so that we generally want to encourage all RMC users to install it. Most important changes:
- Added the ability to select a base configuration when creating a Tailoring Session. This allows you now, for example, to start your tailoring session not only based on the default RUP configuration, but any configuration that includes the RUP processes. Hence, you can now start with the Small RUP for RAD and tailor it to your needs.
- The tailoring wizard will not ask your for a configuration project anymore, but just automatically create/use one specific project for tailoring sessions.
- Added the ability to extend activities from the same process, i.e. applying the same activity more than once in a process.
- Fixed migration and import bug reported here.
- Fixed publishing issues with Activity and Activity Detail diagrams as well as when using activity partitions.
- Fixed the ability to run a report against the whole method library, i.e. without selecting a configuration.
- Fixed issues in which the editors became dirty by just opening an element (such as Steps).
- Fixed the missing links from Guidance pages back to the referencing Activities.
- Resolved some localization issues in Reporting.
Also make sure to check-out the readme file for some remaining open issues.